Monday, August 3, 2009

Singapore Flyer

When I was first told that we were going to the Singapore Flyer to do our project, I was thinking what questions we would be asked on. I had also anticipated fear as I thought the flight was scary because I was afraid of heights and I could not overcome it since young. Some of my classmates had acrophobia, agoraphobia and claustrophobia. When we were going to board the Flyer, I felt that I had butterflies in my stomach and at the same time excited as I could have a bird eye’s view of Singapore.

The venue was surrounded by the sea and tall buildings were built around it. Many Singapore attractions were surrounding the Singapore Flyer and they were spectacular. They could be seen when we reached the top of the Flyer. Some of the attractions are, Marina Barrage, Merlion Park, the Esplanade and many more. Although it was a hazy vision, some of us saw the Marina Bay Sands Resort and it was actually the very first Integrated Resort built in Singapore and we stared in wonderment.

My experiences were that when I was on the Flyer, I did not feel that it was moving and I enjoyed the ride. I saw many magnificent structures and had a breathe-taking view of Singapore. During the flight, I was filled with excitement and anxiety as I was afraid of heights, fearing that I might fall as I was look down. As I looked down I saw people walking, and they looked small to me as I was at the top of the Flyer. I could also hear the cacophony of students’ chatter. My expectations were met as I got to see many Singapore attractions spot although it was a hazy vision.

While on the capsule, my classmate was mischievous and she pretended to be afraid of heights and did not dare to look down and she started hugging the chair. All of us were having a joyous moment and we were enjoying ourselves. We also took pictures of the scenery or even taking photos with one another so as to remember how much fun we had on the Flyer together.

On hindsight, I feel that this trip was worth going as it may improve our relationships with our classmates and we get to see superb engineering feat. It was an exhilarating ride too. Therefore, I recommend people to come visit the Singapore Flyer as it is also one of the Singapore Attractions and you get to see almost all of the attractions by just taking the Flyer which makes it more convenient for the tourists. [435 words]

No comments: